Letter to the Editor
We strive to publish letters that comply with the following terms:
• 400 word limit. Letters should address a local issue important to those living in Ouray County or the region.
• Signed with home addresses, phone numbers and email addresses for verification purposes. Anonmyous letters or letters signed with pseudonyms will be not be accepted.
• Letters including personal attacks, crude or hateful language, inciting violence or disrespecful comments about race, sexual orientation, gender, religion or culture will be rejected.
• Editors will not accept previously published letters, mass mailings or form letters.
• For ethical reasons, authors should be forthcoming and disclose any personal or financial interest in the subject matter of their letters.
• Letters may be edited for clarity, spelling and grammar, without affecting the opinions expressed by the authors. They will be fact-checked.
• Emailed letters are preferred for convenience to the editors, though mailed letters will also be con- sidered.
• To encourage participation by a variety of voices,we reserve the right to limit the frequency let- ters are published from an individual author. Authors may be limited to contributing once per month, as space allows.
For the best chance of printing in a timely fashion, please submit no later than noon Monday of the week of publication.